Country Arts Support Program
The aim of the Country Arts Support Program is to support community arts and cultural development in regional NSW through small grants that:
- Assist locally determined community arts and cultural activities.
- Increase opportunities for regionally-based groups to access a diverse range of arts programs.
- Enable communities to explore and express their cultural identities.
- Bring social and economic benefits to the community through training, employment and promotional opportunities.
- Lead to greater awareness and appreciation of cultural diversity.
- Increase the sustainability and resilience of regionally based community arts organisations.
CASP is managed by Orana Arts through devolved funding from Create NSW. Theses grants are offered once a year. All applicants must discuss their project with Orana Arts and applications must be submitted via Smartygrants which can be accessed via the Regional Arts NSW website during the application opening period.
Applications are assessed by an assessment panel convened by Orana Arts and consist of industry representatives and Orana Arts board members.
Grants of up to $3,000 are available for short term, locally initiated arts and community projects delivered in the Orana Arts region. Grants of $5,000 are available for projects involving partnership across the region.
- Grant limit $3,000 for projects or $5,000 for projects involving partnership across the region
- Applications are open until 5pm, 27 July 2017
- Projects are to take place between 1 January 2018 and 31 December 2018
- Applicants must be incorporated/not for profit orgs
- Local Governments may apply
- Individuals need an organisation to auspice
Check out last year’s Orana region CASP recipients here.
[ BACK TO TOP ]